Assalaamu alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh
The trustees of EIC Almasjid have been working diligently, as they are obliged by the law, to ensure that they are able to plan to reopen the Masjid in safest way possible.
Alhamdulillah we have used professional consultants to carry out a risk assessment as per the government guidelines and are now preparing to carry out all the necessary requirements before we reopen the Masjid.
The Muslim communities have been disproportionally affected by the Covid-19 and we must prioritise the safety of our communities and look to put in controls that will minimise the risk of infection transmission. The preservation of life is paramount in Islam.
If there is no deterioration in London, inn shaa Allah we are planning to open from Dhuhr Salah on Monday 13th July 2020 with a limited capacity.
Currently Masjid is open for Dhuhr, Asr and Magrib prayers only.
Please strictly observe the following instructions and guidelines when coming to the Mosque after re-opening:
- The doors will open 15 minutes before the prayer. Mussallis (those who are coming to pray) must leave as soon as the prayer finishes; you can do your Sunnah at home or in your workplace.
- Anyone with any symptoms of Covid-19, or who has been in contact in the last 14 days with anyone with Covid-19, must not come to the Mosque.
- Social distancing and other requirements for safe operation have reduced our capacity to accommodate Mussallis drastically. Once this capacity is reached, no one else will be admitted to the Mosque for prayer.
- During this time of limited capacity, only those local to our Mosque who can walk here should come for prayers.
- Children under the age of 12 will not be admitted.
- Anyone over the age of 70, or anyone whose health makes them vulnerable, must not come to the Mosque at this time.
- Anyone with a temperature over 100º Fahrenheit, must not come to the Mosque.
- To be admitted you MUST:
- Perform your Wudu before coming to the Mosque.
- Bring your own prayer mat
- Bring a bag for your shoes (you must keep your shoes with you at all times)
- Wear a face mask at all times
- Entrance and exit will be clearly marked out. Outside the Mosque you must observe social distancing.
- Hand sanitizers will be available; you must use these on entry, and before and after touching any surfaces.
- Use only the marked prayer spaces in the halls, to maintain social distancing.
- There should be no socialising in the Mosque; it is only opening for congregational prayer. Shaking hands, hugging and other contact must be avoided.
- The Mosque will be closed between prayers, and will not be available for individual worship.
- We urge our community to follow the guidelines and abide by the instructions of our stewards.
Anyone not observing the guidelines will be asked to leave and any action necessary will be taken to enforce government guidelines
The Masjid will close at start of Jamaat and no one will be allowed to join late
The opening of the Mosque and the restrictions will be kept under daily review. Any changes will be notified using our website and social media.
In these challenging times,more than ever, we need everyone’s cooperation and prayers to help us through this crisis.
May Allah make it easy for us all and may He remove the impediments in the way of practising our Deen in way that pleases Him